What is the Great Ideas Grant Program?
Great teachers make great schools. The Helena Education Foundation seeks to support Helena’s teachers by providing grants that bring their great ideas to life. Every school has a budget, but our Great Ideas Grants assist teachers in achieving educational goals that go beyond what is already provided. Our teachers are a crucial part of our students’ success and The Helena Education Foundation works to directly support them through the Great Ideas Grant program.
The Great Ideas Grant Program is a cornerstone of The Helena Education Foundation’s mission to enrich education in the Helena Public Schools. It is designed to put money directly into the hands of classroom teachers, helping educators take ideas for innovative teaching strategies and make them a reality. Specific goals include:
- supporting and encouraging teachers to infuse new elements of creativity into their classroom;
- helping teachers extend student learning beyond the limitations of textbooks;
- encouraging teachers to strengthen ties between the classroom, other teachers, parents, students and the larger community;
- providing funds for projects to enhance student learning that would otherwise not be possible within the District budget or with any other funding source.
We’re happy to help. If you have questions about the process, please feel free to contact us at any time. We can be reached by phone (443-2545) or contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also host workshops prior to each grant application deadline. This year, our workshops will be held on September 13 and January 9.
Grant deadlines for the 2017-18 school year are October 1 (fall) and January 28 (spring).
Samples of Successful Applications
- Working Together to Make Us Better
- Music Ace Maestro
- Bring your A game to work!
- Designing a Medical Innovation
- Mind Fullness
- Reaping Rewards Through Robots
Already Received a Grant?
- Download the grant evaluation form (Word, Excel) here.
- Download the receipts form (PDF, Excel) here.
Completed forms can be e-mailed or mailed to the Helena Education Foundation, P.O. Box 792, Helena, MT 59624.