- 2018 Distinguished Students and Educators
- 2018 Celebration of Excellence booklet
- Commercials of Distinguished Students and Educators
We recognize exceptional students who have demonstrated their efforts in the classroom, school, and community
Qualifications for Distinguished Scholars
- MINIMUM 3.7 GPA
- BY THE END OF THE 7TH SEMESTER, a minimum of 12 credit hours of honors, AP, accelerated or college level classes as listed here.[Qualifying Classes for CHS and HHS]
- MINIMUM 23 total credit hours by the end of the 7th semester
- Enrolled and physically present in the Helena Public Schools his or her senior year, unless already graduated
- MINIMUM two extra-curricular activities (those not required by a class or for which a grade is given)
Nominations for Distinguished Achievers
Educators identify Distinguished Achievers based on excellence in a specific curricular area, leadership, overcoming obstacles to achievement or service.
A Celebration of Excellence also honors the Distinguished Educators who join students at the gala. Each student identifies the educator who has had the most positive impact on his or her life and writes a short message about why that educator was selected. Each educator selects a special book for the Distinguished Student which he or she felt would be meaningful in the coming years.
The Helena Education Foundation salutes these fine educators and thanks them for sharing their talents, knowledge, creativity and love of learning with our youth. They make a difference in our schools and community, one student and one class at a time.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Celebration of Excellence, please contact Lisa Cordingley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-2545.
We also take this opportunity to acknowledge another important partnership – the role of the Helena community in