The Helena Education Foundation has been making a difference in our local public schools since 2002. As a 501(c)3 charitable nonprofit, the Foundation serves all students – K-12 – as well as educators in the Helena School District. The contributions to the Foundation are used to implement 9 signature programs delivered each year including:
- Fabulous Firsts – to give award-winning books to all first graders in the district
- Great Ideas Grants to award $40,000 annually to teachers for in and out of the classroom innovative projects
- Celebration of Excellence – to honor excellent academic performance, leadership and outstanding achievement by students and the educators who inspire their success
- Pen & Ink Magazine and Harrison Writing Awards – to showcase student art and writing; Carnival Classic – to celebrate the start of each new school year
- Great Conversations – to provide life-long learning opportunities throughout our community
- Let’s Talk About Great Teachers – to recognize outstanding educators
- Issues Institutes – to organize free presentations for students and our community on current and emerging issues affecting our youth.
Your generosity ensures we will be able to continue impacting the educational experiences of our 8,000 public school children.
We at HEF are thoughtful, responsible, and efficient stewards of donations we receive and we practice transparency and accountability.
HEF provides sponsorship opportunities to businesses, groups, and individuals for all of our 10 signature program and special projects. We strive for excellence in our stewardship of the donations we receive and provide outstanding recognition, promotion and engagement opportunities for our funding partners. (see our annual report to the community in the Celebration of Excellence booklet ). Sponsors may sponsor a Great Ideas Grant, students and teachers at Celebration of Excellence, Great Conversations, books for Fabulous Firsts, Carnival Classic, Vigilante Academy tools and equipment, Pen & Ink magazine and special school and community-wide learning institutes.